OBDCAN Plus 2.0 Scan Tool
Full OBD II Functions: This OBD II diagnostic scanner allows you to perform quick and complete tests on the engine system. It helps you check the vehicle emissions. It includes Reading and Clearing DTC Codes, Live Data, Freeze Frame Data, I/M Readiness Status, O2 Monitor Testing, On-Board Monitor Testing, Component Testing, Vehicle Information and much more.
Price and Shipping
Price TOPD-ST001 - OBDCAN Plus 2.0 Scan Tool R1,600.00 (Ex VAT)
Lead Time Estimated 7-30 days from payment (depending on customs)
Shipping within South Africa is free
Please contact us to discuss shipping to other SADEC Countries
Download User Manual (PDF)
Controls and Connectors
- 1 OBD-16 Connector and Cable Connect to the Vehicle's diagnostic port
- 2 USB Port Cover
- 3 USB Port Connect to a PC to update the device's firmware
- 5 LCD Display Graphical Display shows test results, messages and navigation
- 6 OK Button Confirms a selection or an action from a menu list on the LCD Display
- 7 ▼ Down Button Moves the cursor down
- 8 Handgrip Ergonomically shaped to make the unit easy to operate
- 9 ► Right Button Moves the cursor Right
- 10 ? Help Button Retrieve a DTC the database
- 11 Return Button Exit the current programme or return to the previous screen
- 12 ◄ Left Button Moves the cursor left
- 13 ▲ Up Button Moves the cursor up
- Extensive Coverage Works on most 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and newer vehicles (OBD II and CAN Protocols) with multilingual support: English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Chinese, German, Italian, Russian and Portuguese;
- OBD II Functions Read and clear Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs),turn off MIL, view freeze frame data saved when a malfunction occurs, which allows you to perform quick and complete tests on the engine system;
- Additional Capabilities One click to read I/M readiness. Save time by displaying the data streams as a graph for a quick check on vehicle’s engine health status; Built-in DTC lookup enables you to quickly find the malfunction without having to check on the Internet.
- High Quality Hardware Features a 2.8-inch TFT 320*240 LCD display for intuitive diagnostic results display. Also it allows printing out diagnostic data recorded by connecting to a computer via the USB cable supplied.
- Update and Service Free lifetime updates and 12-month warranty. Garage Lube offers service and assistance support via email.
Product Description and Features
Perform complete checks on the engine quickly, using the Ultrascan OBDCAN Plus. The unit has OBD II functions including:
- Reading Codes (DTC)
- The codes returned by the vehicle are called Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)
- When a DTC is present, the Engine Check Light, also called the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL), is lit
- Clearing Codes (DTC)
- Turns off the MIL when you clear codes and reset monitors. If the problem has not been fixed, the code may be re-asserted and the MIL will be lit again.
- Read Vehicle Information
- Subject to the vehicle supporting the functions, you can read the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Consumer Information Notice (CIN) details and the Calibration Verification Number (CVN - which is a checksum used to see if the programme has been altered).
- Vehicles produced after 2000 generally support this but certain new vehicle manufacturers have stopped providing details citing privacy concerns.
- DTC Lookup (what does a code mean?)
- Each DTC has a definition which tells you what is wrong. The Topdon OBDCAN PLUS looks up the definition of trouble codes to help you understand the cause of the problem quickly.
- View freeze-frame data
- Certain data can be recorded by the vehicle's on-board computer at the time that an emission related fault occurs. You can use the OBDCAN PLUS to examine that data.
- I/M Rediness Monitor Status (emissions tests passed)
- OBD II compliant vehicles have a range of tests that are run to find problems with the emmisions system. The Topdon OBDCAN Plus can show which tests have not run or completed.
- Graphical Display of live data streams
- O2 Sensor Data
- Retrieve and view the results of the most recently performed oxygen sensor monitor tests from the vehicle's on-board computer.
- Test data review
- On-board Monitoring Test
- Retrieves and displays emission-related power-train components and systems test results.
- Read Pending Codes
- Upgrade over the Internet (Free)
TOPDON OBDCAN PLUS 2.0 Specifications
- Screen 2.8" TFT 320x240 LCD
- Input Voltage 9V - 18VDC
- Connection OBD 16 Pin
- Current Consumption 150mA at 12V (typical)
- Power Consumption 1.8W Typical
- Operating Temperature 0°C to 50°C
- Storage Temperature -20°C to 70°C
- Working Humidity < 80%
- Dimensions 85 x 150 x 20mm
- Mass 260g