An Automotive PicoScope turns your laptop or desktop PC into a powerful diagnostic tool. Think of it as the X-ray machine of diagnostics, letting you see the changing signals inside wires.
In order to use the Automotive PicoScope, you will need a PC and some test leads to connect to the vehicle. Most people purchase one of the award-winning PicoScope Automotive Diagnostics Kits. These money-saving Kits contain everything you need. Please consider the 4225 2-Channel or 4425 4-Channel Starter or Diagnostic Kits or one of the more advanced kits, rather than purchasing the oscilloscope on its own.
What is an Automotive Oscilloscope?
An oscilloscope (scope) is a simple device that draws a graph of a value (e.g. voltage, current, pressure, sound) vs time. The PicoScope is a storage scope so it draws the graph (actually up to four at the same time) and remembers it so that you can study what happened after the event occurs.
Features and Benefits
Measure and test most of the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicle including:
- Batteries, alternators and starter motors
- CAN bus, LIN bus and FlexRay
- Compression, Vacuum and Fuel
- Electronic throttle control
- Ignition (primary and secondary)
- Injectors and fuel pumps
- Lambda, airflow, ABS and MAP sensors
- Starter and charging circuits
- Noise Vibration and Harshness
For the technician, a PicoScope leads to faster, more efficient diagnostics and a better understanding of how vehicle systems work.
- Eliminate guesswork and test individual components before they are replaced.
- Find intermittent wiring and connector faults.
- Solve a problem where no code has been set or when multiple / misleading codes have been set.
- Investigate charging and starting problems.
- Resolve problems with actuators such as motors and injectors that are not monitored by the ECU.
- Identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped / incorrectly fitted timing belts.
- Hunt down Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) problems.
Please note that our PicoScope Product Range is available to customers in Southern Africa, including South Africa, Botswana, DRC, eSwatini (Swaziland), Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.