STARTER &DIAGNOSTIC KITS
The must-have workshop Diagnostic Kits.
4425A ELECTRIC VEHICLE KIT
The latest 4-Channel EV Kit
An Automotive PicoScope turns your laptop or desktop PC into a powerful diagnostic tool as a result, you can think of it as the X-ray machine of diagnostics. It lets you see the changing signals inside wires.
First of all, in order to use the Automotive Scope, you will need a PC and some test leads to connect to the vehicle. As a result, most people purchase one of the award-winning Pico Automotive Diagnostics Kits. These money-saving Kits contain everything you need so please consider the 4225A 2-Channel or 4425A 4-Channel Starter Kits or one of the more advanced kits such as the EV Kit or the 8-Channel 4823 Professional Kit, rather than purchasing the oscilloscope on its own.
PicoScope Diesel Engines and Hydraulics Kit
Your PicoScope is well suited to diagnosing problems in both Diesel and Petrol Engines. A Diesel Kit is available with longer leads to help with large vehicles.
By combining the high-precision hydraulic transducers with a Pico Automotive Kit, you can use the Engine and Hydraulics Kit look at hydraulic pressures in the same time frame as the engine control signals. Consequently, you have complete visibility of how the system is operating. You can now see the exact moment valves start to move in the hydraulic system and compare this directly to the relevant electronic controls. Additionally, you can investigate stalling and 'no start' conditions due to the comprehensive coverage of engine and electrical systems.
What is an Automotive Oscilloscope?
An oscilloscope (scope) such as the 4425A, 4225A and 4823 is a simple device that draws a graph of a value (e.g. voltage, current, pressure, sound) vs time. The PicoScope is a storage scope so it draws the graph (actually up to four at the same time) and remembers it. Consequently, you can study what happened after the event occurs.
Software - No SubscriptionsPicoScope software is free and no subscriptions are required to download up-to-date versions. There are two current releases, PicoScope 6 which is the stable, production release and PicoScope 7 which will eventually replace PicoScope 6 but is currently being tested. You can download both versions and try them even if you don't have a PicoScope yet. PicoScope Software
Features and Benefits of PicoScope
Measure and test most of the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicle including:
- Batteries, alternators and starter motors
- CAN bus, LIN bus and FlexRay
- Compression, Vacuum and Fuel
- Electronic throttle control
- Ignition (primary and secondary)
- Injectors and fuel pumps
- Lambda, airflow, ABS and MAP sensors
- Starter and charging circuits
- Noise Vibration and Harshness
For the technician, a 4425A or a 4225A PicoScope leads to faster, more efficient diagnostics and above all, a better understanding of how vehicle systems work.
- Eliminate guesswork and test individual components before they are replaced.
- Find intermittent wiring and connector faults.
- Solve a problem where no code has been set or when multiple or misleading codes have been set.
- Investigate charging and starting problems.
- Resolve problems with actuators such as motors and injectors including those not monitored by the ECU.
- Identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped or incorrectly fitted timing belts.
- Hunt down Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) problems.
Understand pressure like never before
Diagnose Noise, Vibration & Harshness
Please note that our PicoScope Product Range is available to customers in Southern Africa.