Download the PicoScope Introduction
SCOPES & KITS
The must-have workshop Diagnostic Kits.
VAS 611 015
The VAS NVH Kit for the VW Audi Network
An Automotive PicoScope turns your laptop or desktop PC into a powerful diagnostic tool as a result, you can think of it as the X-ray machine of diagnostics. It lets you see the changing signals inside wires.
First of all, in order to use the Automotive PicoScope, you will need a PC and some test leads to connect to the vehicle. As a result, most people purchase one of the award-winning PicoScope Automotive Diagnostics Kits. These money-saving Kits contain everything you need so please consider the 4225A 2-Channel or 4425A 4-Channel Starter Kits or one of the more advanced kits, rather than purchasing the oscilloscope on its own.
Diesel Engines and Hydraulics
Your PicoScope is well suited to diagnosing problems in both Diesel and Petrol Engines. A Diesel Kit is available with longer leads to help with large vehicles.
By combining the high-precision hydraulic transducers with a PicoScope kit, you can use the Engine and Hydraulics Kit look at hydraulic pressures in the same time frame as the engine control signals. Consequently, you have complete visibility of how the system is operating. You can now see the exact moment valves start to move in the hydraulic system and compare this directly to the relevant electronic controls. Additionally, you can investigate stalling and 'no start' conditions due to the comprehensive coverage of engine and electrical systems.
What is an Automotive Oscilloscope?
An oscilloscope (scope) such as the 4425A, 4225A and 4823 is a simple device that draws a graph of a value (e.g. voltage, current, pressure, sound) vs time. The PicoScope is a storage scope so it draws the graph (actually up to four at the same time) and remembers it. Consequently, you can study what happened after the event occurs.
Features and Benefits
Measure and test most of the electrical and electronic components and circuits in any modern vehicle including:
- Batteries, alternators and starter motors
- CAN bus, LIN bus and FlexRay
- Compression, Vacuum and Fuel
- Electronic throttle control
- Ignition (primary and secondary)
- Injectors and fuel pumps
- Lambda, airflow, ABS and MAP sensors
- Starter and charging circuits
- Noise Vibration and Harshness
For the technician, a PicoScope leads to faster, more efficient diagnostics and above all, a better understanding of how vehicle systems work.
- Eliminate guesswork and test individual components before they are replaced.
- Find intermittent wiring and connector faults.
- Solve a problem where no code has been set or when multiple or misleading codes have been set.
- Investigate charging and starting problems.
- Resolve problems with actuators such as motors and injectors including those not monitored by the ECU.
- Identify mechanical problems such as compression and slipped or incorrectly fitted timing belts.
- Hunt down Noise, Vibration and Harshness (NVH) problems.
Understand pressure like never before
Diagnose Noise, Vibration & Harshness
Please note that our PicoScope Product Range is available to customers in Southern Africa.